Phone: +254 20 2369563 Email: email@example.com
National Environment Trust Fund (NETFUND) is a State Corporation established by the Environmental Management and Coordination Act of 1999. Our mandate is “To facilitate research intended to further the requirements of environmental management, capacity building, environmental awards, environmental publications, scholarships and grants”. NETFUND’s vision is “Sustainable financing available for environmental management in Kenya”. Our mission is “To mobilize, manage and avail resources for; environmental awards, capacity building, research and publications, scholarships and grants in Kenya.”
As a Fund, we provide a platform for environmental conservationists and funding agents to converse and share bankable ideas. Through our unmatched convening power, we coordinate environmental sector players and create synergy to deliver
Our network of partners, experts and robust internal financial and governance systems have enabled
Official operations began in 2006 under the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA). NETFUND became a state corporation independent of NEMA, in 2015 following amendment of the EMCA.
To fulfil its strategic objectives and mandate the Fund is structured into four (4) Directorates and four (4) Departments reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as follows:
- Directorate of Programmes
- Directorate of Research, Resource Mobilization and Consultancy Services
- Directorate of Strategy and Planning
- Directorate of Corporate Services
- Internal Audit Department
- Supply Chain Management Department
- Corporate Secretary and Legal Services Department
- The Fund Management Services
The Internal Audit and the Fund Management Services report functionally to the Board of Trustees and administratively to the CEO.
NETFUND is governed by a Board of Trustees (BoT) which is the highest decision making organ of the Fund. The BoT members are appointed by the Cabinet Secretary in charge of Environment.
The BoT is responsible for guiding the strategic direction of the fund, organizational policy frameworks, oversight of the Fund’s assets and undertaking any other activities within the mandate of the organization. The day-to-day running of the organization is vested in the Chief Executive Officer who is supported by a dedicated and skilled team.
NETFUND has a total of 31 staff.
Sustainable financing for environmental management in Kenya.
To mobilize, manage and avail resources for environmental awards, capacity building, research and publications, scholarships and grants in Kenya.
We recognize the enormous funding gap experienced in the Environment sub-sector in Kenya. To address this, we fundraise and finance some of the pressing environmental issues. NETFUND thus provides a platform for environmental conservationists to access financing in Kenya. Through our unmatched convening power, we coordinate sector players and create synergy to deliver well-researched environmental initiatives efficiently and effectively. Through our network of experts and established financial and governance systems, we design and deliver highly impactful projects to
We assure our development partners of a high social return on investment and make it easier for our national and international partners to support viable solutions to solve priority national environmental challenges.
The NETFUND core values are key principles that guide all our actions and behaviours. They form the foundation of the NETFUND culture and apply to
- Inclusivity: We recognize that all Kenyans deserve to enjoy Government services and thus all our services are designed to be inclusive and we are sensitive to those who are marginalized and are committed to appropriate affirmative action.
- Respect: Our esteem for our stakeholders makes us receptive and responsive to their needs and divergent opinions.
- Integrity: We cherish probity in all our dealings. We demonstrate ethical behavior including accountability, transparency, integrity and professionalism in the delivery of services. As individuals, we avoid, prevent and combat all forms of corruption.